I have seen people spending hundreds of dollars in setting up a dropshipping business, but fail to integrate the best converting Shopify themes into it. The reason behind this oversight can either be lack of knowledge of the best Shopify themes for dropshipping that are available online, or what aspects they should be looking at when choosing a theme for Shopify dropshipping stores.
There are a ton of free and premium Shopify themes in the Shopify marketplace. However, when you choose Shopify themes for your dropshipping business, you need to ensure that you keep the following things in mind:
- Easy Install: The best Shopify themes for dropshipping business will be easy to install and will help you get started without any fuss or complex steps. The beauty of themes on Shopify is that they are hassle-free and come with installation, which should be a pre-requisite in the theme you pick for your online business.
- Shopify Theme Customization: When you are all set to download the most popular Shopify themes for your dropshipping business, always double check that they offer a high degree of customization. Customization means control, and it is always desirable to have a certain degree of control in your own hands when you are running your own online store. Things like custom plugins, customization and pre-built addons make the themes more powerful and let you tailor your online store for your customers.
- Responsive Design: This is one aspect which you need to take into account once you have set out to buy Shopify themes for your dropshipping store. Your theme needs to be mobile-friendly and should be able to work well with all kinds of devices – be it your tablets, mobile phones, laptop or PC. Consider this as one of the defining pre-requisites for selecting a Shopify theme, because even Google advocates greatly for mobile responsive designs in order to rank the page towards the top of the search engine page.
- Shopify Theme Speed: The best Shopify themes for dropshipping should be light and compact thus should be optimized to maintain the overall page load speed which greatly contributes to Google SEO ranking and customer retention on your site in the long run. The faster your online store loads, the better it will be for you and your dropshipping business.
- Aesthetically Appealing Design: Does your Shopify theme for dropshipping look professional, yet aesthetic? Is it aligned to your online store and your product niche? You need to remember that people pay a great deal of attention to how the site looks and the user interface greatly matters if you are just starting out. Select an aesthetically appealing site with a minimalist, simple and functional interface for your customers.
- Updates and Support – Your business is going to be hosted on the internet, which is constantly evolving and changing. Hence, select a Shopify theme which has ongoing updates and offers support in case you find yourself stuck in a situation. Ensure that your theme has regular updates and new features.
The best Shopify theme for dropshipping should be 1) easy to install 2) customizable, 3) responsive 4) loading fast 5) aesthetically appealing 6) packed with ongoing updates and support. Tweet This!
Now, let’s get started with 5 of the best Shopify themes for dropshipping businesses handpicked by our crew.
Best Shopify Themes for Dropshipping: A Review of Top Themes
Franklin Hatchett’s eCom Turbo was designed and built from scratch by integrating the best high converting apps and features right through the theme installer. You don’t need different third party apps as they are all included in eCom Turbo.
The theme is fully customizable, and it looks great on both mobile and desktop devices. The biggest advantage is when people view your store with this theme on their mobile devices. The title, price, photos and buy now button – everything is above the fold on the mobile; so no scrolling is required for your consumers. It really does boost your conversions from day one! If you’re looking for a dropship theme for free download, this one may dissappoint you as the theme is priced from $97 for a single store, through to $147 for unlimited licenses.
The version 2 of the Booster was launched in June 2018 and it already claims to be powering more than 3,800 Shopify themes. This is a relatively new theme and works almost similar to eCom Turbo. It comes with 10 different apps that install right out of the installer and you can enable or disable the ones you require. The entire package can be customized and tailored to how you want your dropshipping store to look. The theme looks stunning on both mobile and desktop, and even with this theme, your customers won’t have to scroll up or down to find the most important information before adding products to their carts.
The theme is pricier than eCom Turbo, at $197 for a single license.
FAP is a Shopify theme which was primarily designed for eCommerce niches like beauty, fashion, furniture or wellness. With an unbelievably contemporary and crisp design, it is one of the most preferred dropshipping Shopify themes for business owners now. The responsive design comes with incredible features like multiple style and layouts, multiple headers, landing pages, sale product and sales promotion pages. This is not a dropship theme for free download but it is slightly affordable as the regular licence costs $39.
Claue is a feature-packed Shopify theme with a modern design, bundled with amazing plugins and is ideal for creating a powerful dropshipping store. The theme integrates seamlessly with social media, and is considered to be one of the high-converting thus best Shopify themes for dropshipping businesses. The theme took several months to design and develop, raking over every detail of how a modern online store should look and feel. If you are not among the online merchants who are searching for a dropship theme for free download, then Claue can really take your online empire to the next level with only $60 for a regular licence.
BEstore is known for its simplicity and rather flat and minimalist design. The theme comes with 9 different pre-packed layouts and you also get some free and useful features to make your online store seem easy to your visitors. There is extensive documentation on the theme available online and the support is unparalleled. A host of free extensions are also included to make your online store creation simpler. The powerful admin panel allows you to view your analytics conveniently. This is one of the best Shopify themes for dropshipping from ThemeForest.
Some essential tips when you are choosing Shopify themes for Dropshipping
- When choosing a Shopify theme, it’s important to gauge how many resources you are able to invest into your store image design. If you don’t have the required design experience or are on a tight budget, look for Shopify themes with no or very few banners.
- If you’re on a shoe-string budget and looking for a dropship theme for free download, one of the free Shopify themes can be a life-saver for you. We can say with confidence that Shopify templates, even the free ones, are designed to convert even if they’re simple in design.
- If you lack the resources to design beautiful banners, hide them or look for those themes that are more focused on the products.
- When you’re browsing for a Shopify theme, you will always have the option to view how your products will look like on many Shopify templates.
- If you don’t currently have high-quality product images, it’s advisable to avoid Shopify templates that feature large product image sections.
- It’s key that you take a look at every Shopify theme on both your smartphone and your tablet simultaneously with your computer.
- Try to avoid Shopify website templates which have a lot of clumsy elements like weird animations, busy loaders or fancy scrollers, if you really don’t need them. They tend to slow down the loading speed of your page.
Here’s the list of some of the places where you can find the best Shopify themes:
Shopify Store for themes (The Official Marketplace)
Theme Forest (General Marketplace)
Template Monster (General Marketplace)
Oberlo (Parent Organization is Shopify)
Troop Themes (Independent Developer)
Out of The Sandbox (Independent Developer)
PSDCenter Themes (Independent Developer)
To wrap it up
Building your dream site can be daunting, especially for the first-timer. However hopefully, after looking through the above Shopify themes, it wouldn’t be so scary after all.
All the above mentioned themes are customizable and responsive, allowing you to create a professional website for your dropshipping store. This collection is perfect for anyone looking to create a standout site in 2018. The thing about Shopify is that even a beginner can create and manage a platform as user-friendly as Shopify, and these themes will definitely take care of the UX for you.
All the themes here in this collection are built to support a wide variety of shops. They come equipped with multiple designs, different font and unlimited color options. I need to admit that when it comes to building a unique online store, the style quotient is just as important as the technical features. Functional aspects like mega menus, built-in sliders and Ajax instant loading can take your site from average to extraordinary.
So, have you spotted a beautiful mobile optimized theme that you may consider as one of the best Shopify themes for dropshipping? Let us know. You can also check my article on a lightning fast theme called Turbo theme.